WhatsApp Status Feature was released 2017, this feature was first launch by Snapchat before other social network like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram Followed up.
Have you wanted to save a picture, or a video used or posted by your contacts and found out that it’s impossible? Oh really? It’s really simple to save a media file used by your contacts on their WhatsApp status. I will guide you on how to make this possible. This is what I’ve been doing anytime i see a funny video or picture on my contact’s Whatsapp status.
Funny pictures and short videos are uploaded by Whatsapp contacts, but you can only view them but can’t download them to your device gallery. The only way for you to get that funny picture or video is to ask the friend to send you the original pics or video through chat. However, you can now save those statuses permanently in your device gallery without begging your friend to Share you the video or picture.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD WHATSAPP STATUS PICTURES AND VIDEOS
1. Open your WhatsApp and go to the Status you want to copy and make sure that you view all the status you want to download completely. If it is a video clip, make sure that you watch the video completely.
2. Go to File Manager on your phone
3. Open the SD card Storage and locate the “WhatsApp” folder
4. On the WhatsApp folder, locate “Media” folder
i.e SD card >> WhatsApp >> Media
5. (depending on phone) some phone will display a faded folder named Statuses click on it to view the images and videos you view on your WhatsApp. If you can’t find them, click on the 3dots on the right side.
6. You will see “Show hidden files” tap on it. Once you do that, a new folder “.Statuses” will appear at the top, that is where all multimedia shared on WhatsApp status are stored for 24 hours.
8. So what you do now is to open the folder, select and copy the ones you wish to keep to another folder (either your photos or videos folders) on your SD card.
9. They will immediately appear on your Gallery and will never disappear unless you choose to delete them.
That’s all friends. Hope this saves you the stress of messaging your friends all the time to share you their Whatsapp Statuses.
Comment below if you have any questions to ask related to this post and don’t forget to share this post. Share.